Virus and isolation check in

LOL yes I will talk to mine while I work. I did have a spider plant (I named Dave) in the room early on that I would talk to but I moved him out as he turned out to be a twat :wink:

My deities are generally unaffected, its just my head space and the view I once held on this room has changed. It will recover I know it will, just at the moment its a new phase and will eventually pass - I’ve been through these before.

Aiming to visit the beach this weekend no matter what the weather and that will help. :slight_smile: While I have a my lesser Wep Ron Pet soon (I rarely ever do anything for it), I do have a couple of other festivals such as Kahdi of Edfu mid August. I will see if I can shake things up a bit for that, especially as its a creation festival.

1 Like

Haha Dave! Well I used to know someone at work called ‘Dave’ of the same disposition.

I did celebrate the first Wep Ron Pet the same time as yourself after you brought it up. That was a good thing!

The beach is always a good thing! :relieved:

I think the festival of Wag and Djehuty is tomorrow? Hope I’ve got the date right?

1 Like

Don’t worry about dates. Everyone seems to work them slightly differently including the AE themselves. Go and enjoy your festivals while I have a paddle :slight_smile:

1 Like

I reckon I’ll go to the beach myself this weekend :sunglasses: Haven’t been for a couple of weeks.

1 Like

How’s everyone doing? Time for a check in I think.

#rule of 6
#kids at school
#social distancing
#evening curfew
#wet autumn
#mostly home working
#some places in lockdown

Hey… Not much has changed. We have been out a little bit more to help out local businesses. Only going to places to eat we are familiar with and know they are doing a good job. Dover luckily happens to be the lowest infection rate in Kent, if not the country and with the kids now back at school, we’re a little more exposed than previously.

From what’s been said at work, I won’t be going back to the office until early next year, if not later should anything happen through Brexit and the town being grid locked for weeks. I’ve been into work a couple of times to do a bit of physical stuff that can’t be done remote.

My wife has been told likewise, she won’t be doing any face to face meetings (school governor and clerk) until spring next year. She is happy about that as that would mean using public transport.

Apart from the kids having to go nothing much has changed here expect its colder :slight_smile:

Wow totally different to me.

I’ve got a new job and start in Nov, which is great news, but sounds like I’ll be in the office more often.

I am currently still going in twice a week. I can’t do it all from home and I feel it’s a better balance for me until I start the new job.

The nature of my wife’s job means that she’s been exposed to more people again after lockdown.

Got one child back at pre-school.

On the whole we’re ok, but I was feeling pretty stressed yesterday. I get the odd moment of feeling ‘that this is really weird and and unnatural situation’. Also sometimes a concern about safety, but being out and about around people can’t be helped in my case.

However, Bast started to make an appearance yesterday and I feel that she’s offering her support. I hadn’t looked her up until she made herself known yesterday, but she’s now my phone lockscreen and my family are my home screen. Nice to be reminded of the protective household goddess.

I wonder how everyone else is getting on!

1 Like

Not too bad here. Husband is back in office pretty much full time. We’ve moved (again!) so I’ve been busy unpacking boxes and looking after little one. We’ve moved to an area in lockdown so it’s strange not being able to meet up with friends and family again.

1 Like

Oh wow! A big change there with the new place/area. That must be a bit hard being back in lockdown suddenly. I imagine other places will be in and out of lockdown over the winter.

Happy unpacking! A new place is exciting.

1 Like

Just got back from COVID testing facility. Was a car park near the town centre. So strange. We weren’t allowed out of the car or even to open the window unless told to. Had to phone the person dealing with our tests and pass things through a gap in the window and into a bucket.

Fingers crossed it’s just mild flu

Oh wow! That must have felt a bit scary. Hope the results go the right way for you. As they say, the main symptoms are a change in taste and smell, fever and persistent cough. Stay cozy and safe.

1 Like

Hi Sen,

I can sympathize with you there.

My son was sent home yesterday because he had a temperature. My other half took him to the covid test centre and she said it was scary, especially for the age that he is. We’re all self isolating until we get the results. He seems himself and we all feel well, so hopefully it’s just a minor virus! Waiting for the results.

I hope it’ll be good news for all of us.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Yes, it is a bit scary. The test is fine, although I gagged quite a bit :joy: Baby has perked up after a bad morning then sleeping all afternoon. His nibs and I are feeling hot and, well, bleurgh but we’re getting there.

It must be horrible for kids and teens, to not feel well and then to have to worry about whether it’s COVID.

2 Likes

I hope your little one improves. It’s hard work being an ill parent and looking after one so small. Any illness worries a parent, but this adds an extra stress.

Look after yourselves and keep us updated.

In my case, I really don’t think it’s Covid. The test is tough on young kids, so I really don’t want them to go through it unless necessary. Self isolating for two weeks is also very disruptive. Such a difficult situation!

My little ones are too young to understand Covid.

Can only take things a day at a time and do the best we can with our decisions day by day.

Spring will come again.

Hello all! Thanks for your well wishes. We’re functioning at about 80% after a tough couple of days. Luckily though, we all tested negative. Just normal yucky flu.

2 Likes

That is such a relief I bet, even if you still feel wiped out! Take it easy.

1 Like

Great. We also got a negative test result :grinning:. Knowing that you’re negative night help your recovery.

2 Likes

Excellent! Glad to hear that too.

1 Like

Sorry I’ve been awol (and might be again for sometime). Something has triggered my depression and all I can focus on right now is looking after little one. Not sure if it was getting the flu, the lockdown (unlikely, I quite enjoyed the first), or some other reasons I’d rather not get into just yet.

Don’t panic! I will be fine. I’ve been battling depression on and off for over twelve years. I will do what I need to do and ride out the storm. Not looking for sympathy, just letting you know I haven’t run off :grin:

Catch you on the flip side. Stay safe

2 Likes