Shrine of Sekhmet

A place for those that follow Sekhmet can hang out.

1 Like

just thought it was about time I got a ‘proper’ (aka big) statue of my Beloved Mama.
I have a few more new ones, but I will be good an post them where they belong.
These have all come straight from Egypt too, how lucky am I to get to spend all
my hard earned cash on these!!! :slight_smile:

the altar is having a revamp so photos of that to come later on

2 Likes

Oh wow! I’ve been looking for a Sekhmet statue and just have to make do with a painting of her. :frowning: Looks so amazing that one, but then she is isn’t she? :wink:

She sure is. I wasn’t even meant to look for another statue, I had just been shown a picture of the tiny cat sitting next to her and had agreed to buy that one. And as usual, there She was and you know how that goes…‘take my money now, take all of it but I must have Her’ lol.

If you are still looking for a statue, I have a small one (5.5 inches tall) in need of a new home, see pic below.
I won’t sell Her as she was my very first, and is super special but I would love for Her to get a new home where she will be loved and appreciated.

Oh you don’t have to you know. You can still have lots of them. I’ve so many of Bast myself, in fact right now I see four in this room. :slight_smile: But if you really feel the need then you know where I am - and thank you so much. I certainly must return the favour.

In any case here is my only Sekhmet I’ve had to work with (apart from photos and trips to the awesome ones at the BM of course). I bought this painting last year, at the late bank holiday weekend. I was up at the Staffordshire Pagan Conf doing a talk on Kemetism and afterwards wandering around looking at the stalls a lovely artist had this amazing print she had done. Over a year now though and I still havn’t got it framed. Bad boy and I!

Ah just had a thought of how I can return the favour: want some of my Kapet?

ooh yes please, that would be fab.

I still need to learn to make it myself. Just been lazy and used some bought in a shop or
just mixing dry leaves and resins over charcoal lol

1 Like

well, someone said ‘yum , falafels’, when shown a picture of tiny balls wrapped in foil :slight_smile:

LOL that is funny. They could have a taste… :wink:

At folk night a couple of weeks ago I told the story of ‘Sekhmet and The Destruction of Mankind’, partly because I love the story, and secondly it involves beer at we were in a pub. It went down quite well!

Just wanted to say hi - I’ve just joined the Temple and am a devotee of Sekhmet

1 Like

Welcome! Hope you find what you need here. If you have any questions feel free to post. Doesn’t matter how daft you think it is, there is wayyyyy too much information to take in and its confusing much of the time :slight_smile:

Kev

Just wondering whether any Sekhmet devotees here have visited the Great North Museum in Newcastle to see the statue of Her there? I have visited twice now - first time was last September, then again on 30th August this year. The statue is really beautiful, but it’s a bit sad because She’s kind of stuck in a corner without very much information about Her. A lovely thing though is the fact that the statue isn’t in a glass case so you can actually touch Her. Both times I’ve been, I’ve left an offering of some kind on Her plinth - the first was a carved quartz heart, and more recently dried rose petals (as one of Her many names is ‘She Who Walks Upon Forests of Rose Petals’). I’m sure I’m freaking out the museum staff, but I don’t really care - and it’s not like I’m leaving anything bloody, which could be an option for Her! :wink:

1 Like

Picture I took of Her in August. Interestingly all my pictures that I took with flash that day had this red/pink light effect… interesting as red is one of Her colours.

1 Like

Darn :frowning: I was in Newcastle the week before. Didn’t really get chance to visit the museum :frowning: Would have been nice too. I had heard Durham one has some nice things in too and didn’t get a chance to look in there either. All for next time I suppose :slight_smile:

Looks awesome!

I’ve not been to that museum, although I passed through Newcastle last week whilst hiking Hadrian’s Wall. Encountering the statues of Sekhmet at the British Museum is what catapulted me onto the Kemetic path though, ao I understand the draw!

That rose petals epithet is lovely; do you happen to know what source it comes from, by any chance?

1 Like

Sekhmet comes in and out my life.

1 Like

1 Like

My newest Sekhmet of the knives altar. Set up at the full moon in Leo, for good measure. Not that I bother much with moon phases etc normally but that just happened to be in the day I planned to rebuild the altar. She knows how to make an entrance, for sure

1 Like

Sekhmet came to me the last few nights. Talking to me. Some other stuff won’t get into but yeah she’s great and is becoming my fav goddess. I understand her struggles for i have the same inner battle a rage that consumes me.

2 Likes