Personal Vocation

Do you feel like your deity/deities are calling you to work for them in a specific capacity?

Have they inspired you to choose a particular job, voluntary job, hobby or research?

Do you think they’re calling you to practice your path in a solitary way or in the community?

What light can you bring to a tough world?

Is it through personal ritual, offerings or prayer?
Is it through helping others in some way?

I once thought Anubis called me to the funeral industry, and I did enjoy my time as a funeral arranger (if one can use that word in such a capacity). Sadly, sickness forced me into unemployment and I’ve been that way for ten years. However, it has given me time to focus on my writing and spiritual path (as well as giving me the space to address various health issues I have).

I have been feeling the pull to serve the community in some way but I’m not sure how. I recently wrote a prayer for Nebet-Het that I was particularly proud of. It was given good feedback by a well known polytheist and I’m hoping I will be able to share the prayer more widely soon. I may write a collection of prayers for publishing.

My husband keeps suggesting I become some sort of minister for Kemetic weddings and funerals but, honestly, I doubt there are that many of us in the UK to make that a viable vocation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sekhmet came along to help me protect a friend and her children through domestic violence. She’s guided me to meet others and learn healing and heka. She gives me the passion, creativity and courage to face whatever is thrown at me, and to support those around me through their own difficult times.

Anubis on the other hand is teaching me to enjoy the silence and introspection.

Bastet came along much later than those 2, she brought along a bit of self love and protection.

I tried doing Egyptian themed boxes, and a few other bits but the etsy shop never really took off. L will be offering reiki and sekhem heka treatments eventually once I’ve settled back home. (moved 6 months ago and still trying to find some stability here).

1 Like

I feel like a newbie still finding my feet in some ways.

I feel as though I’ve been improving work wise and in a personal development kind of way. Basically, improving myself and learning more about the path.

I’m carrying on with daily practices/rituals where I can. I’ve still got a good relationship with Djehuty, which started at the beginning of this path. Also with Seshat and very recently with Bast. I do also chat to other Netjeru at times.

Djehuty is my main ‘go to’ deity and I do feel that he and Seshat want me to focus on learning and self improvement at this stage. I think there will be more work for me to do down the line. I have ideas about that, but I’m not completely sure and that may change as I learn more. I have a tendancy to jump the gun a bit and I’m sure the Netjeru know that :grin:

I have been invited to speak on that topic for the Pagan Seminary this year. Plans are moving and if I have anything to say over it, this will be in a higher visibility than it is now.

2 Likes

Well I still feel like my deities are encouraging me to focus on personal development. Since joining this forum, I’ve been promoted once and I’m researching
/building up my connections to work towards another job. It’s in the same area, but a higher grade again.

I feel like my confidence in myself and my abilities have been improving. Djehuty and Seshat have continued to guide me in this area and they have been encouraging me to focus on personal wellbeing at the same time. I am also moving from a flat to a house, which is good for my family.

Hatshepsut continues to be an inspiration to me and I am continuing to give offerings to her.

The road is/has been challenging and it is hard work. I’m working towards being the best version of myself that I can be. The Netjeru/Akhu are certainly helpful.

May Ma’at be encouraged and preserved throughout the universe :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have confirmed my participation in this project and towards the end of next month I will be at one of their training days talking all things Kemetic. As part of that I will be supplying their members various recordings containing summary bits and pieces of my take on Kemetism (mainly for discussion points on the day), I’m planning to release them subject to confirmation to the wider community i.e. here. Hopefully those will be up sometime in July.

https://www.paganseminary.org/

1 Like

Sounds amazing Kev! Very worthwhile.

1 Like

Just finished recording and editing five videos for this event at the end of this month (June). Depending on the host (can’t see a reason against it) I will release this material following my return. Total run time is around 1.5hrs and is nice and general. Specifics I am leaving for the event, and should I feel the need then I may do a recording once I’m home again.

1 Like

Great. Thanks for the update :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes! Networking worked out quicker than expected! I had two job interviews for a promotion and I was successful! Such a relief. I’m looking forward to this new role.

My Netjeru have been very helpful & supportive. I really feel like I’m going in the right direction.

3 Likes

Keep me updated if you ever do become a Kemetic priest for funerals, as its my wish to be mummified and have a Kemetic send off, although I am only 37 I still hopefully have many many years left to go.

1 Like

I am 37 as well :smiley:. Yep, not making any concrete plans for my own funeral yet, besides it being eco friendly.

Gosh, I wonder how a modern funeral home would deal with the 70 days? People get angry when they have to wait two weeks for a funeral :flushed:

An update:

Djehuty and Seshat still seem to be guiding my personal development via my career. It never stops! Work are enrolling me on a diploma to start next month and I’ve been volunteered to work on a monthly newsletter with a colleague for the foreseeable future.

Family life is good and my health is also good. My asthma has been almost non-existant for the past month. We’ve also moved into the new house.

Although I have tried being a sociable Kemetic/pagan, this hasn’t worked out. But during my time at shrine, in the results of my divinations (via oracle cards) and my day to day experiences, the answer is that continuing in solitary practice is the way forwards.

Socially speaking, I’m more active at art group. I had a dream some time ago. Djehuty stood at the front of the art workshop with open arms as I walked in. This was at a time when I had a long break from going to class. Since I’ve gone back this month I’ve enjoyed getting my paints out again.

If you practice solitary Kemeticism, what are your experiences/tips?

2 Likes

I have returned to studying, I haven’t felt the guiding hand yet but I now have a ankh-was-djed necklace/amulet that reminds me of the Gods (that watch me over) and maybe gives meba bit of life, stability and strength. Hope everything goes well.

For me, I joined KO and for those who are not keen, I have found it to be a good community with some great simulcast rituals albeit the chat stuff is very American.
I went to Egypt this year and really made a strong connection with Sekhmet and also Nut and Het-Her.
I spend time at my shrine maybe every other day, prefer mornings.
Currently building a small community over here in Gloucestershire for those who want to do Kemetic rituals (this is outside of KO as it’s not for everyone it seems).

2 Likes

Hi Djehutinedjem,

I also wear my Wedjat amulet from time to time.

I hope your studies go well! I’m sure Djehuty is in the background. :slightly_smiling_face: I get the impression that he can be quiet in his guidance, but if he feels like he has something important to say, I’m sure he’ll make it known to you.

It sounds like you’re very busy Sunworshiper! Busy, but positive and sounds like you’re in a good place.

1 Like