Welcome and Introductions

Hi. So good to have found this site. I’ve always had a bit of a resonance with Ancient Egypt but taking a Diploma in Ancient Egyptian Sekhem & Gem Mastery really fuelled things for me and so here I am and ready to learn even more!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Senneferet from Bucks. I’ve been hanging around the HoN boards since 2007 but am not officially affiliated with them (yet). I’m primarily Kemetic but have an interest in Freya, Loki, Dionysus, Hermes, Persephone, Hades, Athena, and Senunna. These deities do not have any shrine space though.

My main Kemetic deities are Bast, Anubis, Sutekh, Wesir, Nut, and Hathor. However, Heru-Wer and Tawaret have managed to blag a spot on my shrine. Sekhmet and Aset-Serqet seem to pop up a lot as well.

1 Like

Welcome! And another who as experienced Serqet too. Must chat some time :slight_smile:

Wander around, any questions throw them out there. We’re a varied bunch.

BB
Kev

1 Like

@kev Serqet has been helping me with my mental health. A few months back I was walking to my therapists office and had asked to see a kite as a sign She was with me. I saw two circling over my head when I got to therapists road. One for me and one for baby (I was pregnant at the time). The other interpretation is that it was two for Aset-Serqet.

Are you familiar with the Book of the Dead ‘Chapter of the transformation into a swallow’? Take a look if not. Its one of my fav, as well as 555 (I think) from the pyramid texts.

1 Like

Hi all! My name is Lauren, but my ‘nom-de-pagan’ is Magpie. I’m an American immigrant who’s been living in the UK for a few years now, and stumbled across this website looking for Kemetics on this side of the Pond.

I’ve been Pagan off and on for the better part of twenty years, but Kemeticism is completely new to me. My background up until now has mostly been based on devotional strands of Hinduism, with some dabbling in Heathenry (focused on Odin and Loki). So those traditions tend to be my basis for comparison as I’m learning my way around the Kemetic worldview and practices.

For now I’m making my offerings in a ‘to whom it may concern’ fashion, as I don’t know which deities I feel most drawn to. Other than that, I’m doing a lot of reading, so I’m looking forward to chatting with the folks here!

2 Likes

Welcome Magpie! Kemeticism can appear daunting with much to learn. A few things to get you started: Take it easy, get into a good research habit as the best material is the academic research, feel free to ask questions here. Most importantly keep an open mind as even though I’m 30+ years into my Kemetic journey I still know nothing and frequently have to adjust what I know. That is completely normal :slight_smile:

Finally have fun too as there’s such much beauty (and surprisingly modern thinking) to be found in ancient Egyptian history.
Kev

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome @kev! I’m working my way through a stack of books at the mo, and my to-read list keeps getting longer. Fortunately I love doing research, piecing together bits of the puzzle as I go. I’m also a bit of a language nerd, so it feels like I might be in just the right place :wink:

1 Like

Books and books. Yep thats the way! I did create a topic somewhere for book recommendations/reviews if you feel you want to through some that way. I know I should do some too - its on my list :slight_smile: Good luck anyway!

1 Like

Hi Senneferet, nice to see you here. :slight_smile: And of course welcome to everyone else as well! It has always seemed like there were a good number of us around, but all spread out in the different little online pockets of kemetics, so it’s good to have someplace geared specifically for UK folk.

And did somebody say books? I recently finished cataloging mine in an attempt to help prevent accidental double purchases. The url is https://bezenwepwy.libib.com/ if anybody wants to take a look. I am happy to supply photos of any pages needed. Eventually Libib hopes to introduce the ability to upload pictures other than covers and I’ll add in tables of contents when they do.

3 Likes

@Tawonshet When I saw you were here, I knew this had to be a good group! :smiley: I’m looking forward to injecting some oomph back into my research and practice. Hello and welcome to @MagpieMason

2 Likes

Hey. Im a south african who moved to the uk. Formally an athiest but now I’m kemetic. I mainly worship anpu,auset,nephthys,set and ra. Though im new to all this.

Thought id join in hopes of making some friends and learning more stuff. Battling to make friends here in the uk.

I had really heavy experiences with anubis and nephthys. That turned me to them.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! Feel free to post any questions, we’re all of varying stages of our journey with this bunch of deities, and from pretty much every conversation I have with someone we’ve most likely been there and will sympathise. :slight_smile:

Well I been told I’m connected to anubis and nephthys. Not sure what it means haha. But he sends my signs constantly. And i have this extreme love for those two. I find it weird.

1 Like

Hello and welcome! I also follow Anpu/Anup

Hello! I’m Hayley. :slight_smile:

I have been intermittently walking my path of Kemeticism for 10+ years, but life gets in the way. I heard about this site at Witchfest so thought I’d give it a try and reconnect with the community a bit.

My introduction into Kemeticism was Seshat - I stumbled across her while doing general research and, well, she never really left!
I have also worked with Thoth.

3 Likes

Welcome Hayley!. Glad you popped over to say hello. Hope you enjoyed WItchfest, it was its usual manic atmosphere :slight_smile:

Feel free to poke around and ask any questions, some of the common ones may already have some threads on. Enjoy and catch up at some point.
Kev

1 Like

Welcome Hayley! It’s nice to see some new faces :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

Im new here, (obviously) I have studied Egyptology since i was a little girl and my God mother got me into it. I have a few diplomas (online type course) in egyptology and am working towards a degree on it. I decided to convert to Kemetic about 10 years ago and am glad to have finally found something based in the UK. Alot of my research into Egyptology has been based around Ma’at.

Really look forward to getting to know people with the same interest

Sophie

2 Likes

Hi and welcome! You are in fine company as we’ve all pretty much landed the same way. Feel free to wonder about and ask as many questions as you want.

Kev