Welcome and Introductions

Hi. Welcome to our shiny new home. I’m Kev, and I thought I might kick off with an introduction which you are welcome to do yourself if you feel you can.

I’ve been interested, or more precisely, im love with ancient Egypt since childhood and came find that those wonderful gods were lurking ready to make contact very early.

I wont do the whole story, lol, I have a book that does that, but what I will say is for anyone else who finds those ancient powers touch them, its a wild ride. Hard work of course, even if we have loads of information, but its worth it. Enjoy and lets travel this path together.

Kev

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Tattered, aka Tat, I was recommended here by a mutual acquaintance of Kev’s. I’ve been interested in all things to do with Kemet since my early childhood, and have been more serious in my personal studies of Kemetic practices for the last 20 years nearly. It’s great to finally find a community that’s UK based dedicated to the study of Kemeticism.

Hey! Good to see you here. Welcome! Hopefully in time this will build and build. We need it, as you say not many places for us to hang out in a Kemetic kinda way :slight_smile:
Kev

I’m Tai’awepwawet, I’m a Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu (although I spent a long time as an independent and still consider myself a boat paddler). I found the forums via the KCBB post, once Facebook algorithms finally deigned to show it to me :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been Kemetic for about 10-15 years, idk. I like to do a bit of reading and visit a museum now and then but honestly don’t get too caught up in the academic side of Kemeticism because my mental health doesn’t allow me to and I don’t see it as a requirement. So I’m fairly laid back and chill, although I hope to become a priest in the future. I’m happy to see a UK centric space, there’s not enough UK (or even EU) focus when it comes to Kemeticism.

2 Likes

Welcome! Of course how much we throw in to research is a personal thing. Early on I spent a lot of time, then I hit a number of brick walls and went down a chaos magic path for a long time, and now, well, due to a few odd events from my deities I’ve come full circle and ploughed back into full research mode. I think the long break gave me skills (such as the choas magic’s acceptance that change is good), to cope with the level of commitment.

So long as you are enjoying what you have, that is great. If time comes and you want to know more then do what you can. The gods are never far away I’ve found, and often let us do what we need to do.

This place I created as we’ve all found, there really isnt that much for Kemeticism in the UK. I’m here to stay as I’ve been search years for one, and decided if one isnt here then we need to create one. :slight_smile:

Lurk if you want, contribute when you want. We are here to share our common love.
Kev

Hi, Tai’awepwawet! Welcome! I hope that you’re so far finding yourself welcome so far, and settling in well. It’s grand to see another face in here. Thank you for your interesting list of contributions, which I have enjoyereaing this evening. As Kev says, we’re hopefully here to stay, so pull up a seat and make yourself comfortable.

~ Tat

Hi all I’m Aradia. I was reclaimed by my Goddess on an early trip to Egypt in 2002 (seriously - seized in the middle of Luxor temple surrounded by tourists. A very surreal experience!) She requires me to formalise our relationship and discover/rediscover older patterns of worship and develop something that suits a more modern lifestyle. I’m looking forward to meeting others who take this seriously.

3 Likes

Wow must have been a bit of a shock! :slight_smile: They seem to like those kinds of surprises. Welcome and do feel free to share what you want or ask questions. I’ve often said in my talks and writing that there are no dumb questions. I’m always asking dumb questions often to find there are even more dumb questions I need to ask :wink:

Take care and catch you around.
Kev

I’m nachtzehren.

I’ve had an interest in Kemetism since mid/late-childhood, and it has expanded since then. I actually started exploring it again as a tangential re-ignition/calling from also re-engaging with the vampire community.

It’s good to see a UK-based community.

…Now I need to brush up on my hieroglyphs again! (I was bored one summer.)

1 Like

Hi! Yes, so many groups have come and gone. I intend this one to remain as I’ve long looked for groups myself :slight_smile:

Good luck with the hieroglyphs. The two books I use are:

‘How to read Egyptian hieroglyphs’, Mark Collier, Bill Manly, British Museum Press.
‘Hieroglyphics Dictionary - A middle Egyptian Vocabulary’, Bill Petty Phd, Museum Tours Press.

Feel free to ask away. It may be quiet as we’re still young but any questions to rouse us are welcome.

Thanks
Kev

1 Like

Hi, I’m Falkenna. I hope I’m welcome here, as I’m an eclectic and animist. However, my first ritual training was Kemetic and on occasion I return, or am called back, and am currently developing a new deity relationship within the fold, although I don’t feel it will necessarily be in a traditional form.

1 Like

You sure are welcome! As the welcome note says, even if you are not traditional are welcome. Feel free to throw questions and to comment how you feel.

Kev

Hi everyone

I go by the name of Anippe online, and I have been a remetj in KO for about 3 years. I have mostly gone my own way, but still like to attend their akhu rites when i can. I find the rest of their online meetings are in a time zone incompatible with holding a job here in the uk. (I love praying but getting up at 1 or 2 am with zero chance of falling asleep again until 5am, not good)

I have always loved ancient egypt, grew up reading Christian Jacq novels and researching gods and goddesses. I haven’t learnt hieroglyphics yet, but it is on my to do list. (Yep, the neverending list).

I have a few Egyptian themed tattoos but that is a story for another day.

Thank you for allowing me to join you here.it sure has been a lonely path.

1 Like

Welcome and I hope you find some kindred souls here. With the KO not quite to UK taste at times we do need something here, and in this case, without the enforced structure.

Oh I love Christian Jacq! Some great stuff there.

Hi. So good to have found this site. I’ve always had a bit of a resonance with Ancient Egypt but taking a Diploma in Ancient Egyptian Sekhem & Gem Mastery really fuelled things for me and so here I am and ready to learn even more!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Senneferet from Bucks. I’ve been hanging around the HoN boards since 2007 but am not officially affiliated with them (yet). I’m primarily Kemetic but have an interest in Freya, Loki, Dionysus, Hermes, Persephone, Hades, Athena, and Senunna. These deities do not have any shrine space though.

My main Kemetic deities are Bast, Anubis, Sutekh, Wesir, Nut, and Hathor. However, Heru-Wer and Tawaret have managed to blag a spot on my shrine. Sekhmet and Aset-Serqet seem to pop up a lot as well.

1 Like

Welcome! And another who as experienced Serqet too. Must chat some time :slight_smile:

Wander around, any questions throw them out there. We’re a varied bunch.

BB
Kev

1 Like

@kev Serqet has been helping me with my mental health. A few months back I was walking to my therapists office and had asked to see a kite as a sign She was with me. I saw two circling over my head when I got to therapists road. One for me and one for baby (I was pregnant at the time). The other interpretation is that it was two for Aset-Serqet.

1 Like

Are you familiar with the Book of the Dead ‘Chapter of the transformation into a swallow’? Take a look if not. Its one of my fav, as well as 555 (I think) from the pyramid texts.

1 Like

Hi all! My name is Lauren, but my ‘nom-de-pagan’ is Magpie. I’m an American immigrant who’s been living in the UK for a few years now, and stumbled across this website looking for Kemetics on this side of the Pond.

I’ve been Pagan off and on for the better part of twenty years, but Kemeticism is completely new to me. My background up until now has mostly been based on devotional strands of Hinduism, with some dabbling in Heathenry (focused on Odin and Loki). So those traditions tend to be my basis for comparison as I’m learning my way around the Kemetic worldview and practices.

For now I’m making my offerings in a ‘to whom it may concern’ fashion, as I don’t know which deities I feel most drawn to. Other than that, I’m doing a lot of reading, so I’m looking forward to chatting with the folks here!

3 Likes