Making Challenge

Morning all.

I was talking with @Anippe yesterday at length about the problem of tracking down a statue of Min (quite some story as to why), the only ones I could find were from some Etsy shop in the USA and cost of delivery would be half the cost of the statue.

Well, she suggested why not get everyone doing a making challenge in here. It looks like I’m going to have to make a Min statue and perhaps it might give us something to do together.

OK, I know I always have wax, clay and wood lying around for creative/magical endeavors and not everyone is going to be that prepared. But don’t let that put you off. If you feel you need to do something to pass the time using whatever materials then go and play. Also never worry if you don’t think you have the artistic skills. We won’t judge because whatever you make be it a stick man or a Van Gough, it will be special to you.

Take care
Kev

1 Like

I will second that. Let’s get making.
I won’t really get a chance to get stuck in until the weekend, cos I still work pretty much full time (no rest for the wicked) but I want a Seth statue. We don’t all have to go Min mad, right?

1 Like

Sure whatever you want. Statues, art, jewelry. Obviously so long as you want it. In fact I will even go as far as saying it doesn’t even have to be Kemetic.

1 Like

Finally completed my Min statue. Not as good as I would have hoped but the first time I’ve done this kind of wood carving and burning. Still happy with the result as it should be fine as a representation of him for my purposes.

1 Like

That’s a good first wood carving and burning! Definitely Min. :joy:

I couldn’t get on with making a clay statue, so I drew Bes but he isn’t finished. Then something else required urgent heka so… That’s what I’m working on

1 Like