Literature Of Ancient Egypt - Performances

I shall purchase local beers in preparation for this event. promises to be one of those events lol

1 Like

Oh yes. The material is pretty funky and my favorite of all AE lit.

Here is the youtube linkā€¦

Thanks! I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be there on the day, but I will watch it after the event! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Three stories I told at an online moot last weekā€¦

Khufu and Teta

The Diadem

Princess and the Demon

Forgot to post this here tooā€¦

6th Jan 2021

Hey all. Another lock down and with this one possibly lasting longer than the last (I here March being mentioned), and the unlikely prospect that the vaccine will be fully deployed in time, Iā€™m preparing for the worst scenario that this event will have to be put off again ! :frowning:

I really want to perform this. I may put the physical date further back if I have to, but on this date, whether Iā€™m there in Glastonbury or not, I will perform somehow. If this is going to be online then I will do it, wonā€™t be remotely the same as in person but it will be something.

Will keep you all updated.

Stay safe folks

Kev

2 Likes

The count down to the storytelling performance Iā€™ve had to put off for due to COVID is only a couple of weeks away - will be on Facebook Live on the Kemetic Temple UK page. All for free.

Iā€™ve also been preparing some fictional stories based on historical records. Two Iā€™ve already written with one performed last week at a Moot I was invited to perform at. No recording was taken though which is a shame.

At this particular even in a couple of weeks I might give that one a second airing. Iā€™m sorting out dates to give the story telling tour another attempt next year - third time lucky. Dates and locations will be posted once I have them.

1 Like

While Iā€™m here. This friday is the performance on the Kemetic Temple Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/kemetictempleuk

6.30pm BST though of course it will be FB Live and therefore can be replayed afterwards. Will also sling a copy on my YouTube.

Going to throw in at least one of my new original stories based on historical research among the usual AE literature.

After that I will be doing a whole load of stories. Perhaps monthly, online with the odd physical one thrown in next year.

1 Like

LOL after all that build up and inevitable but utterly annoying technical fault. Here is the FB link to the video. YouTube one to followā€¦

Now on youtube:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had this on in the background whilst Iā€™ve been working to catch up.

I couldnā€™t stay for the live showing, but glad you got through your technical difficulties. I had to check back to make sure turned out okay haha!

I think the way you perform the stories have improved. I can see the difference between other previous ones and the newest one. I think you did a good job!

The deity mythologies are my favourite type at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, at least it failed at the start and not in the middle :slight_smile:

Experience counts :slight_smile: There are quite a few compromises I have to make between physical and online performance which has taken a bit of getting used to. Feel better after each go tbh which is good. And the new material Iā€™m working on looks interesting. In particularm considering you like the deity stuff, are a dramatisations of a couple of the major festival rituals at Edfu.

1 Like

Sounds great. :grinning:

Looking forward to the Edfu ritual dramatisations.

1 Like

Sorry been so quiet a lot going on and finally I can release the tickets now I have dates for the Edinburgh free fringe shows of mineā€¦