Egyptian Moon Diary & Egyptian Wall Calendar 2022

Em Hotep

I am looking for a decent and accurate Ancient Egyptian Calendar and possibly diary for 2022 with as minimal to none adverts over it. I had one suggested to me randomly via one of those data spying adverts at:

https://www.theflickeringcauldron.com/egyptianDiary2022.php

I was wondering what your thoughts are on these two in general or if you know where I can purchase a better option.

Senebty

Benakhenaton

Hello Benakhenaton,

This is an interesting idea. I’m not familiar with this calendar, so I can’t really comment on it, but if it helps you in your path then that’s good :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t use a calender myself. I look at a combination of different sources and see which dates resonate with me for a particular festival. I think some of the dates in ancient Egypt changed or shifted, so I think as long as you choose something that resonates with you and it’s something that your deities are guiding you to, then I’d say go for it.

Perhaps other forum members have experiences of Kemetic calendars that they can share.

1 Like

I don’t know of a wall calendar at this time, but in terms of a diary, The Ancient Egyptian Daybook is available in a Perpetual Planner format. It’s a spiral bound diary in the Egyptian calendar with the holidays from the Daybook, and space for you to enter the Gregorian dates for that year.

I have the Daybook itself and it is extremely thorough. New holidays are always coming to light so I imagine it will be revised eventually, but it’s absolutely full of information.

The only downside IMO to the Perpetual Planner is you have to calculate Wep Ronpet yourself, but if you have a date you already like to use for Wep Ronpet, that’s not a huge problem. (And ofc it’s not a wall calendar. I think there was briefly a wall calendar version but it is no longer sold, might have been a kickstarter perk, I don’t remember now.)

1 Like

Em Hotep Allati,

Thank you for this, I will definitely have a look at this and I can see the author is no one but the famous founder of the Modern Kemetic Orthodoxy Faith; Rev. Tamara L. Siuda.

I’d appreciate if you have time if you could share one or two pages of yours just so I can see if it’s worth its money in gold to buy. I am very fussy when it comes spending money on books. I’d feel more guilty if I didn’t use it at the cost of a trees life.

Senebty

Benakhenaton

Sure, no problem, here are a couple of pages from the Daybook itself. Note that the Perpetual Planner is likely to “only” have the festivals and possibly the chronokrater. The additional information would (as you can see!) make the diary unusably big, there would be no space for you to write in :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like