Creating “temples”

Hello all! I’ve not been around recently but I have been trying to find ways of offering devotion. I’ve been playing a lot of Sims 4 (been a simmer since the first game) and have been trying to incorporate shrines to the Netjer amongst my builds. I’ll try to get some photos later.

Does anyone else sneak in tributes like this in their hobbies/every day life? I find it helps having informal spaces for times when I am just not “feeling it”.

2 Likes

I’ve spent some time making temples and tombs in Minecraft before - although I don’t have any recent save games to show. Never thought of trying it in The Sims before… an interesting idea.

I’m also currently playing my way through Assassin’s Creed: Origins, which is set in Ptolemaic / Roman Egypt. Its really quite beautiful, with lots of temples and statues to explore.

Beyond ‘just’ games, I do think art and other creative work is an interesting way to express devotion, and even to bring, and enforce Ma’at.

Some of my ‘side’ projects are aiming at improving the quality of hieroglyphic print and translations, which I consider devotional work. I have to admit that whenever I now see the hieroglyphs colourised and beautified on Wikipedia etc. I do enjoy warm feelings of connection, and that I am now a part of that legacy. e.g.

… and I have years and years of work ahead of me in this space for sure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used to go to art class, but I’ve had to pause that because I’ve been so busy with other stuff. I did do some devotional art.

Other than that, I’ve been reading about ancient Egypt.

I haven’t been creating virtual temples or anything like that, but I have viewed some reconstructions online.

1 Like

Recently bought that game. It is stunning. Absolutely incredible even though it is very late in Egyptian history.

1 Like

Yes, it is a shame that everyone is so focused on the end (I want to blame Shakespeare…) when there were so many thousands of years of history to explore there.

I missed the recent 85% sale on Steam… I don’t have the “non-combat” expansion, and I find the actual gameplay quite tiring compared to taking in the environment.

EDIT: have another screenshot :slight_smile:

1 Like