Autumn Equinox Kemetic Festivals

Hi all,

So I"m aware that it’s the Autumn Equinox, but I’m wondering what Kemetic festival might correspond with this? What festivals would they have had around this time?

P.S. Happy Autumn Equinox lol! I hope everyone’s well.

Drat. Just checked my calendar and realised I missed a festival date yesterday (not in any way connected with the equinox).

If you are marking the equinox then have a good one!

Oh Kev! We’ll I’m sure you’ve got loads on your calendar. Bound to forget one occasionally.

I’m looking into the ‘Opet/Ipet’ festival in September (not sure on dates).

Yeah, many and most I do forget though I don’t forget the ones that mean a lot. :slight_smile:

That Opet festival rings a bell. Good luck with the research!

Ipet seems like a big festival for the AEs. However, there is a strong link to kingship that without a Pharaoh doesn’t have the same meaning to the modern age. But, I am interested in it’s link to Amun-Ra and the flooding of the Nile. Also seems like a good excuse for a community celebration… If we weren’t in a global pandemic.

1 Like

afterthought but my first Opet festival a few years back with KO, was on 11th sept.
It is a festival to Amun-Ra, where there was a procession with the statues of Amun, Mut and Khonsu. I don;t remember much else other than we did a ritual to Amun-Ra and some releasing Heka.

1 Like