Are you ever annoyed with your deities?

Well I’ve been annoyed on an off with mine recently. Had some communication which seemed confusing and frustrating. It’s probably partly to do with my own stresses, but still. I was annoyed with the lack of clarity and questioned whether I wanted to give them offerings at shrine/whether this was important for me considering a lack of direction.

But things have turned around a bit & I still kept going with my practices despite my annoyance. Maybe they changed their direction because they didn’t want the offerings to cease? Or they felt sorry for me? Or perhaps I understood enough of what they were trying to say so they are changing direction?

I am aware that ancient Egyptian priests used to threaten the Netjeru by saying they would stop offering to them unless they did what the priest asked. I wouldn’t feel comfortable ‘threatening’ the Netjeru, but it seems to be a way some ancient Egyptian’s communicated with them and the Netjeru seemed to accept that.

If you are annoyed with your Netjeru, how do you deal with this?

I have always had frequent arguments as she often ‘provides advice’. Some is justified, some not. I roll with it and learnt to take constructive criticism. That is the point of a mentor/guide.

1 Like